Here are three more fabulous meals based around Farmer’s Market finds! I’m a fajita lover so the first is my fav! What is yours?
From health.com Pepper Steak Fajitas
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak, cut crosswise to fit in skillet (about 3 pieces)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large bell peppers, any color, seeded and sliced
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 12 6-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- Sour cream, avocado, cilantro and lime wedges, optional
1. In a shallow glass dish, stir together garlic, lime juice and chili powder. Add steak, turn to coat and let stand for 5 minutes, turning occasionally.
2. In a large nonstick or seasoned cast-iron skillet, warm 1 Tbsp. oil over medium-high heat. Cook bell peppers, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes. Add cumin seeds; continue to sauté until bell peppers are lightly browned and tender, about 2 minutes more. Transfer to a platter.
3. Add remaining 1 Tbsp. oil to skillet. Add steak and cook, turning once, until browned, about 6 minutes for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let stand for 5 minutes before slicing thinly against the grain.
4. Top tortillas with bell peppers and steak. Serve with additional toppings such as sour cream, avocado, cilantro and lime wedges, if desired.
I like to whip up guacamole for these fajitas. Find that recipe on my Father’s day post!
Do you like to grill?
If so, then this recipe is for you. It is from one of my favorite blogs- iowagirleats.com. This slaw is fresh and outstanding. Try it. Thank me…then her…later!
Here is another one from Iowa Girl Eats blogger, Kristen. It is light, refreshing and filling!
Now I have never been a fan of peanut sauces so I use a ginger infused soy sauce for dipping. It is just a delicious, I promise!