Summer is the perfect time to make some special drinks to enjoy with your family. Mixed drinks for grownups are always fun at a get together or dinner BUT making something for the whole family to enjoy is just as good! So here are three that we have tried and loved.
Peaches are fresh, in season and tasty this time of year. Some grab a few from the grocer or the farmer’s market and mix this tea up today! This recipe comes from the site aroundmyfamilytable.com.
Sweet Peach Iced Tea
- tea, brewed and chilled
- 2 ripe peaches
- SPLENDA® Zero™ No Calorie Liquid Sweetener
- 2 sprigs mint
Cut peaches in half and remove pit. Place in food processor or blender and blend until peaches are pureed, but a few small chunks remain.
Grab 2 12oz mason jars and put a large spoonful of peach puree in the bottom of each glass. Then fill with ice and add another large spoonful of peach puree. Pour chilled tea over the ice and add a gentle squeeze of SPLENDA® Zero™ No Calorie Liquid Sweetener. If it’s not sweet enough, add another gentle squeeze. Go easy as it’s really sweet and you won’t need much.
Add a straw, a sprig of mint, and enjoy.
Save a few of those mint sprigs for this next refreshing drink! A little lavender and this sweet pineapple concoction is complete! This gem comes from the folks at delish.com. This site is an AMAZING culinary resource. Check it out.
- 1 large fresh pineapple
- 1¼ c. sugar
- 11 sprig fresh lavender, rosemary, or lemon verbena
- ¼ c. fresh lemon juice
- Cut the peel from the pineapple, remove the core, and cut the fruit into 1-inch pieces.
- Place the fruit in a food processor fitted with a metal blade and pulse until the pineapple is crushed but not pureed. Transfer to a large nonreactive pot, add the sugar, 4 cups water, and 3 herb sprigs.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 15 minutes. Strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve.
- Gently press the solids to extract the juice. Cool and stir in the lemon juice. Serve over ice garnished with the remaining herb sprigs.
Finally there is this beautiful treat – Pink Lemonade Punch. I have seen this on a number of blogs and sites BUT since the commonly used image gives credit to Love bakes Good Cakes, I’m sticking with that as my source!
- 1 can (12 oz.) frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 5 cups white cranberry juice cocktail
- 5 cups lemon-lime soda, chilled
- Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish (optional)
So grab your favorite mixing pitcher and stir up something delicious today! Looking for a good one, grab the QUick Stir Pitch from Pampered Chef right here! https://www.pamperedchef.com/pws/lorrainezecchini/shop/Outdoor/Outdoor+Entertaining/Quick-Stir+Pitcher/2278